Developing Sharp Minds
The program of study at LCCA is based on a traditional model of education and emphasizes mastery of a subject not just the completion of assignments. Our students are challenged to excel so they will be better prepared for the future. This philosophy is reflected in our academic standards as well as in the positive response of our students.
Setting a High Standard
Features of our academic program include:
- A strong emphasis in the early grades on the fundamentals of reading, writing, and mathematics.
- A 10-point grading scale
- Regularly-assigned homework early on in the elementary program.
- Credit requirements that exceed many local schools for graduation.
- All high school students are encouraged to take challenging classes, regardless of their future college plans.
Rewarding Diligent Effort
- LCCA graduates have attended universities/college such as:
Ambassador Baptist Bible College, Bob Jones University, Calvin College, Cedarville University, Clearwater Christian College, Cornerstone University, The Crown College of The Bible, Faith Baptist Bible College, Indiana Wesleyan University, Judson College, Kings College, Liberty University, Maranatha Baptist Bible College, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Muskingum University, Northland University, Ohio Christian University, Ohio State University, Ohio State University Newark, Pensacola Christian College, Pillsbury Baptist Bible College, Southern Baptist College, Trinity Christian College, and Zane State.
Academic excellence will always be a part of LCCA's goal. Whether students go on to professional careers, enter the ministry, or raise children at home, the value of learning will have been deeply instilled in them during their formative years at LCCA.